Friday, January 7, 2011

just my luck?

It never fails, I find something I like and want, but wait to buy it and when I'm ready... it's gone.  I try not to buy things I don't need, especially when I don't have the money.  But as winter approached this year, I knew I needed a pair of snow boots.  I looked around and finally found a pair I liked at Target.  They weren't horrible looking, and were reasonably priced, but I didn't feel like I could buy them right away.  I knew I was getting money for Christmas, and why I didn't go ahead and get them knowing this, well, who knows.   So what happens?  I go back after Christmas and they're GONE!!!  Just my luck, right?  (This comes on the heels of missing out on an incredible Play Doh opportunity, to which I'm not thankful, because I do hate play doh)

I do believe that things happen for a reason, even silly little things like not getting a pair of shoes.  But that didn't help the fact that I needed a pair of winter boots.  Miss A is almost 2.5yrs old and she loves to play outside, especially in the snow.  We visited my Mom over Christmas and they had a good foot of snow.  We played in the snow for a good bit while we were there, and every time I had to wear these ankle boots that were really old and my socks got wet and I got cold.  So today I decided I'd go over to Walmart and get a cheap pair of their generic boots I had seen.  Wrong again!  They didn't have my size.  I even tried the Men's department and the rain boots, but nothing was a go.  Being frustrated I ran over to Marshalls.  I found  pair but they were the smallest size 9 I had ever tried on, more like a 7.  (Yes I have big feet, but a 9 gives me room for layered socks... a must in cold weather)  Once again discouraged coming out of a store I thought I'd try one more place.

My Mom had mentioned Payless, and I had looked there, but didn't see much I liked.  Plus, their winter boots for some reason were priced pretty high.  But we tried it anyway.  Miss A had a blast running up and down the aisles and trying on shoes... thankfully we were the only ones in the store and the manager was so stinkin' friendly she just laughed at Miss A, she even gave her a sticker.  But I was in luck, this time, as I found a pair that fit, weren't hideous (definitely not cute though) and were a price I could handle.  So here you go, my new winter boots:



They kind of remind me of moon boots or something strange.  The good news is they are super comfy and are lined with fake fur so they are warm.  I may not even need that extra pair of socks.  As for looks, well, they'll be dirty and half covered by my snow pants.  I guess this is a time when I can't worry about being fashionable and instead just have tons of fun with my little girl. 

**side note and quite random, ever get a "ulcer" on the side of your tongue?  I get things like this when I haven't been eating right, and I sure didn't eat right over Christmas, so it's not a surprise.  Anyway, those babies hurt!  They make talking and eating difficult, and we all know I LOVE to do both......   just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment