Tuesday, January 25, 2011

bored...

I'm bored.  I'm bored a lot. 

Sounds silly I know, but even when my 2yr old has me running in circles, I still get bored.  Maybe I'm not easily entertained, although I've always thought I was.  Or maybe, it's the fact that I rarely ever get to do adult activities, and thus I spend my days doing 2yr old activities.  It's BORING people! 

Miss A. has an attention span of roughly 5-8 minutes.  You'd think that would be great for me, getting to do so many different things, but in reality, it's just frustrating.  We play with blocks/legos for 5 minutes - usually me building and Miss A. shoving matchbox cars into my "house," then we color - that lasts maybe 3 minutes, onto playing with the "non-playable" train that she was given for Christmas (not from us!!!).  It goes on and on all day long.  I don't get a break.  I try to sneak away every once and a while, usually when she is watching a movie/show, and check emails or play on the internet, but even then I usually get bored with the lack of whats out there.  I love to read, but I can't even read a book unless it's one of her books, she doesn't like my attention diverted.  So I think maybe we'll try DAYCARE! 

I'm not going to enroll her in a full time daycare, but I've been wanting to check into this "Drop-In" daycare for a while.  Not having family around here makes it somewhat hard to find a babysitter when I have a doctor's appointment or need to do something without trying to wrangle a child at the same time.  I have a friend who's daughter goes to this daycare/pre-school, and it sounds really good.  I'm planning on stopping in tomorrow and checking the place out.  I have a doctor's appointment coming up and could try it out then. 
I've also toyed with the idea of doing some sort of part time work, just to get out of the house and to interact with other adults.  You can't imagine what the lack of adult conversation will do to you unless you are a stay-at-home Mom.   Lets add in that we don't have the money for me to go out and do things with Miss A. unless they are free. There's not much of that folks, especially when there is snow on the ground.  And trips to walmart and target don't count...  most o the time they are just time wasters, and I end up with a screaming child who wants to do something she can't. 

Back to daycare...
I went to daycare as a child, my husband didn't.  My parents were divorced and didn't have much choice.  My husband on the other hand spent his childhood at home with his siblings and his stay-at-home Mom.  I turned out just fine.  My husband... well... he is a bit socially awkward.**  He'd admit this, I'm not saying something he wouldn't.  And because of this, he has a desire for Miss A. to not be socially awkward.  I can't imagine with my family (we're very close and decently outgoing) that she'd ever have a problem, but you never know.  So even the Hubbs thinks this is a good idea.  Besides, in the fall we'll probably start her in a pre-school somewhere.  So why not go ahead and get her used to it? 

These are my random thoughts as I'm sitting here bored trying to decide what to do.  Couldn't come up with a good post for our family blog so I unloaded here instead.

**I am NOT in any way, shape or form saying that children who have SAHMs are going to be socially awkward!  I would never say that.  But we do feel that interaction with other children is vital.

No comments:

Post a Comment